Pipe Stress Analysis
Pipe Stress Analysis
Piping Engineering and its equipments lead for 25% of total investment in all chemical, process, LPG/ CNG Plant, oil and pharmaceutical plants.
After the plant layout design the Pipe stress analysis engineers play a vital role in finalizing what the piping engineers have designed. The piping engineers get the approval of the pipe stress analysis team and then only proceed with the detailing.
Selection criteria for lines subject to comprehensive stress analysis, Design temperature, Environmental temperature, Design pressure, Vibration, Loads, Bending moment on valves, flanges and mechanical joints, Flexible joints, Cold springing, Spring supports, Loads from piping systems on equipment are all explained in detail in this Pipe stress analysis course module.
Objective/ Key Learning
The design engineering and construction of process plants involves a multidisciplinary team effort. Plant layout and design of piping systems constitutes a major part of the design and engineering effort. The goal is to design safe and dependable processing facilities in a cost effective manner. The fact is that there are very few formal training programs that focus on design and engineering of process plants and piping systems. Therefore, most of the required skills are acquired while on the job, reducing productivity and efficiency.
The objective of this course is to provide the delegates the basic knowledge and skills in this discipline to facilitate faster learning curves while on the job. This course will cover the fundamental principles and concepts used in process plant layout and piping design. Upon completion of this course the delegates will have a clear understanding of the design and engineering principles used in plant layout and piping design.
What will you gain
- Introduction to pipe stress analysis
- Piping materials
- Codes governing piping
- Principal stresses and failure theories
- Design pressure, design temperature and allowable stress
- Design of pipe wall thickness for internal pressure
- Loads on piping systems
- Thermal stresses in piping systems
- pipe stress analysis software
Who Should Attend
Targeted Disciplines:Students / Graduate engineers (Chemical/Mechanical), Piping Engineers, Experienced diploma holders (Chemical/Mechanical)
Classroom Training with Audio Visual training aids, Hands-On Practical, Home Tasks/ Assignment, Resume Writing, Exam, Mock Interviews then Certification. Class timing is flexible for working professionals/ job-seeker.
- For Batch-01 & Batch-02: Weekend Classes (Saturday/ Sunday)
- For Batch-03: Weekdays & Evening Classes
- Each Session Hrs: 2 to 4 Hrs
- Total Course Hrs: 50 Hrs (Including Projects & Assignments)
- Theory and development of Pipe Stress requirements
- Fatigue Failure
- Stress Intensification factor
- Code Compliance
- Stress Categories
- Pipe Support Span Calculations
- Allowable Pipe Span Calculations
- Spacing Pipe Supports
- Supports selection and location
- Standard compliance for various equipments
- Piping Design for Loading types
- Design for Sustained Loads-Pressure, Weight
- Design for Expansion loads
- Hanger Design
- Piping Configuration
- Expansion joint evaluation
- Piping nozzle evaluation
- Expansion Loops- types and sizing
- Cold spring
- Underground pipe
- Flange leak analysis
- Minimum Leg Required to Absorb Thermal Expansion
- Bellow Application
- Guide Spacing for Expansion Joints
- Wind loads
- Earthquake loads
- Water hammer
- Slug force
- Thrust force calculations
- Defining Load cases
- Code Compliance: Stresses-sustained, Expansion, Operating, Occasional
- Typical piping configuration for ease in analysis.
Course Material/ Assessment
Class Notes, Practice Labs & Guides
For Students: Rs.18000 /-
Fees Structure: Two installments; ₹ 10000 + ₹ 8000
(For Summer/ Winter Training. Students have to produce valid student identity card)
"Special discounts for a group of ten students". Job seekers shall not be treated as Students
For Working Individual: Rs. 25000/-
Fees Structure: Two installments; ₹ 15000 + ₹ 10000
For Corporates: Contact Us
Please contact for project specific, Standard or customized training needs...
Please Fill The Course Inquiry Form Below
More Courses by this Instructor
Sorry, there was a problem.
Twitter returned the following error message:
Bad Authentication data.